February 3, 2011

changing seasons....

Yes I'm ready for a change. It's time. I am proud to say that I made it through this winter more easily than most. Winter is NOT my favorite and yes I know........I live here, deal with it! I do. I enjoy the snow just leave out the wind and below freezing temps please! But there comes that "time" when I am just ready for that change of opening my windows, stepping out in a lot less clothing, and being able to buckle Grant's car seat with out the massive layers below. --it's the little things in life that make me happy:)

Along with a change in weather comes change in life's duties and new activities. Here is my list of things that I am ready for:


-walking the dog more = one happy Sarge
-clearing out the basement - not fun, but less clutter makes me happy :)
-getting out with the camera more and photographing new life
-incorporating home school with the outdoors
-seeing our neighbors emerge from hibernation
-splashing and playing in puddles (one of my favorite)
-finding new ways to channel some energy out of the kids........:)
-planning a garden this year (crossing fingers)
-hiking and continuing to enjoy the lake out our back door

With all my wants of new weather and my slight dislike for the long winters I do often remember to be thankful. Thankful that we are not without power and damage as those being affected by the 2011 storm/blizzard. We may be cold but we are safe.

Prayers and thoughts to all of those south of us and all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment