June 25, 2011

Catching up.........

I have a lot of that to do. In many area's of life. I promised myself to blog more often and for some reason it got less ?! :(

It's almost July and that makes me sad and happy at the same time. Sad we spent the month cold and wet and happy that July is GOING to be wonderful weather! (like I have any control....but I'm crossing my fingers!)

We have all been busy! Farm school, family camp, kids camp, baseball, etc. I am looking forward to a continued busy but with better weather so I can get to the following:
*Take Camera out more
*Bike Rides
*Swimming
*Get out for a run
*Hike
*Dig for worms
*Lay beneath the stars :)
*Watch my kids explore
*Learn from my kids
*Soak up more time with friends

So here is a summary of what has been happening and a hope to myself to blog more often.

VERY cold Memorial Day.........we were dressed for Winter but the kids had a blast!



















:( Can't remember what happened but LOVE this pic...
















Taking care of his "bugs"
































more bug love...
















Chasing hummingbirds....
































These pics make me happy :) This is my Grandpa's farm where I spent SO much time as a child doing the same thing my kids did that day. It was a GREAT day for me to see this. I just sat back and watched. I miss my Grandpa SO much and know he was watching and smiling :)












It is a big goal of mine to visit more often and let the kids do what I did. Run, play, explore, and be happy at such a beautiful place. I am SO thankful to my father and uncle who have kept this piece of paradise. It will forever make memories for my kids and bring back great memories for me. Sometimes we have to grow up a bit and realize what we really had, and how lucky we really were. I'm teaching my kids to learn that now and soak in the simple. I hope it sticks :)


















the many faces of Grant.....
















And just as Sam (old dog growing up) ran and was free........so was Sarge. He was happy as well.















Growing up so fast :(















More to come later.........

1 comment:

  1. I read this and got a tear in my eye! I am so bummed we did not meet up during marathon weekend! (our fault!!) We have to set up a time to meet up at the farm and get the boys together.. Grandpa would love that!

    ReplyDelete