December 27, 2010

Pile of Books

How fast 2010 has come to an end.....

Each year I think the same and each year goes even faster than the previous. Last year (2009) I set up a blog to record and journal my life but as December of this year rolled around I realized it was empty. A whole year of empty. Not empty of life and blessings and many memories, but empty of no posts in this blog. So as 2011 is just around the corner and I usually don't follow through with New Year's resolutions.....I have decided to make this blog one and try and keep it. So here is the start...........a journal of my busy life!

When I came back to restart this blog and change the background I came across this book theme and "had" to choose it for a couple reasons. First is I LOVE to read and have a huge passion for it but in reality do not have as much time for it anymore as I would like. Second.... is the pile of books that are stacked on top of my piano for Gaven's school. That's really when my world got "busy". Yes I was busy before, but now I am currently VERY busy. I went back to work as well for the first time out of the house since Gaven was a baby so that's where the rush and hustle and craziness comes in. Now days life is all about time frames and rushing and that's my own battle I need to work on for the upcoming months. Time management! :) Or create more hours in the day.......

By the way........
Homeschooling is much easier than I thought and I am actually relearning things I forgot!

So why homeschooling ?! To be honest we were given an option of a private based school setting for Gaven this year and jumped at it because we love, trust, and adore the family and wanted to give Gaven a change and an amazing opportunity with a wonderful teacher. Just to clarify: I have no problems with public school, the teachers, or the school district. Just a personal choice that we thought we would try.

So why am I homeschooling? Sometimes I wonder that myself! And because I never thought I would want to or need to. But the reason Gaven is now home is because our dear friend Beth has breast cancer for the second time. It's not about "why am I homeschooling" anymore, it's about Beth. It's about why and what is God's plan. When I wake up and look at the pile of books staring at me and knowing that I am responsible to teach Gaven the things he needs to learn I sometimes feel overwhelmed. There......I said it. But again I am also reminded why he's back home and all of that goes away. This isn't about me. This is about a dear soul who is battling a much bigger battle than the books on my piano. So with my very busy life I am always reminded each day that it could be worse. The work and books are always going to be there the next day if we don't finish, and someone is always battling something bigger than ourselves.

My prayer for 2011 is for life to stay busy because that means we are healthy. My other biggest prayer for the next year is for God to heal Beth and allow her to become "busy" herself again with health and happiness :)







No comments:

Post a Comment